Ione is a highly knowledgeable and caring dog carer. She not only gives 100% to her responsibilities but she also takes time to understand how she might enrich both the dog's and owners' lives by training pets as required. Highly recommended.
I’m Ione and I’m a life-long dog lover. I had always wanted to work with dogs but somehow got caught up in the corporate world for far too many years. But in October 2019 I decided to take the plunge and pursue my dream of being surrounded by and working with dogs. This also has the advantage that I’ll be paid for it instead of just helping out with friends’ dogs either at their owners’ homes at or in my own on weekends or by taking annual leave!
I strongly believe that a house without a dog is just a house rather than a home and for me home is where my dog is. I’m passionate about them and love getting to know their different personality traits. I offer a small-scale, friendly and reliable daytime dog minding service in our home – with my main focus on providing doggy day care in a home-away-from-home environment while their owners are at work or otherwise busy, as well as holiday boarding.
Since childhood I had always wanted to have my own dog, but for various practical reasons was not able to until the grand age of 35. Since then I’ve had four Labradors that I’ve trained and who have been much-loved pets. I’m hoping to have a small number of trusted and regular clients for dog day care in our home so that the limited number of dogs I’ll have here get to bond well. This will also ensure they get the love and attention that they need. There will be two walks a day – subject to owners’ consent and age and breed of your pet – and plenty of enrichment activities for those less active or for young puppies. We are based in the Clapham South area and have a large house with enclosed garden with patio and lawn area.
Why choose Ione’s Trusted Dog Care?
Your dog is a valued member of your family and I know you’ll be looking for the best care possible for him or her. At Ione’s you are choosing a lifeline of education and support for you and your pets – I am a caring, compassionate, dedicated and experienced dog owner. I can offer you the following reassurance:
• Licensed by Lambeth Council for home boarding and day care – Licence number 20/006.
• Fully insured.
• CRB checked.
• First aid and canine massage trained.
• More than 20 years of experience in caring for dogs.
• Passionate about healthy, happy and well-behaved dogs.
• Pets as Therapy volunteer with our resident Labrador.
• Extensive knowledge about dog behaviour and training through reading and online courses. Currently studying for Ofqual Canine Welfare and Canine Care Level 3 to achieve a higher rating by City of London who grant licences in our area.
• Member of the National Association of Registered Pet Sitters and Walkers. I was granted my licence on 20 January and am in the process of building my website which will be ionestrusteddogcare.co.uk. I am licensed to house up to nine dogs, but plan to limit this to my own dog plus three as a general rule to be able to give a high level of care.
You can contact this Pet Sitter directly by filling in the form below, alternatively you may use any of the methods (if any) listed in the "Contact Methods" box on the right.
You are not logged in!
If you have an account with us then please click here to login, or if you are a Pet Owner You can quickly create a pet owner account as you create your message below.
If you’d like to see my full price list, please get in touch.
I cover the following areas:
If you are outside of these areas but reasonably close by, please get in touch.
My primary services are doggy day care in our home, and holiday dog boarding. I can offer a pick up and drop off service if required.
Subject to availability, I also offer dog walking and vet visits.
Key Joining Benefits: